Learn more about coronavirus (COVID-19)
Arizona Wildfires - impacted members please call 1-800-424-5891 (TTY 711)
The purpose of the Magellan Complete Care of Arizona (MCC of AZ) Utilization Management program is to support optimal use of healthcare services and supports for the evaluation, treatment, and integration of medical, dental and behavioral health conditions. The MCC of AZ Utilization Management and Care Management teams collaborate to ensure seamless, timely, and accurate care and service authorization processes.
The Utilization Management Department performs many functions including concurrent review, prior authorization, discharge planning assistance, retrospective review and other activities. Our Utilization Management program has the goal of optimizing the use of health care resources for our members. Services provided are not less than the amount, duration, and scope for the same services delivered to fee for service AHCCCS Medicaid members. Medically necessary services are no more restrictive than used in the AHCCCS defined program. MCC of AZ makes the utilization management criteria available in writing, by mail, or fax. MCC of AZ supports continuity and coordination of care for physical, dental, and behavioral health providers. Our members’ health is always our number one concern.
Member support services
Our Member Services staff is available to help our members if they have any questions about their benefits, services, procedures, including questions regarding utilization management or have a concern about MCC of AZ.
- Member services staff are available Monday through Friday and members can leave a voice message during non-business hours. We suggest our members leave a voice message with their question if it can wait until the next business day.
- Members may access Member Services by calling our toll-free number, 800-424-5891 (TTY 711).
- Magellan Complete Care of Arizona offers no-cost interpreter services to the member. As a provider, you are required to identify the need for interpreter services for your MCC of AZ patients and offer assistance to them appropriately.
Utilization management team contact
Providers can call our toll-free number at 1-800-424-5891 with any utilization management questions:
- Our MCC of AZ team members are available for incoming calls Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. local time. Our on-call utilization management nurse can be reached after hours by phone at 480-209-8403.
- Our MCC of AZ team members can receive incoming calls regarding utilization management concerns after normal business hours
- Our MCC of AZ team members can send communications out regarding questions during normal business hours, unless otherwise agreed upon
- Our MCC of AZ team members are available to accept collect calls
- Our MCC of AZ team members will identify themselves by name, title and our organization name of MCC of AZ when initiating or returning calls
- Our MCC of AZ team members are available to callers who have questions about the utilization management processes
- Providers can leave voice mail messages after business hours, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
- A utilization management dedicated fax line can be used to submit requests for medical necessity determinations 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
- A utilization management dedicated email can be used to submit requests for medical necessity determinations 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
Magellan Complete Care of Arizona's CaseTrakker migration
Magellan Complete Care of Arizona (MCC of AZ) is making a change to our medical management, appeals and grievances and call center system. Effective October 1, 2019, we will be switching from the GuidingCare platform to the CaseTrakker platform.
This transition will not affect our providers or members. Providers will continue to submit their prior authorizations, claims and appeals as normal. Members will use the current phone numbers and addresses to check on the status of prior authorizations and claims as well as to submit appeals and grievances.
There will be no interruption to MCC of AZ’s processes and workflows during this transition.
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 1-800-424-5891 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. local time. You can also check out our FAQ for more information.